Halifax, Nova Scotia
Tax Accountant/Tax Manager
Collins Barrow Nova Scotia Inc. is an independent member of the Collins Barrow network. With an office of eight partners and over 30 staff, we make the client’s business our focus using highly-trained personnel, innovative approaches, and cutting edge technology.
We are located in the City of Lakes Business Park in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
We are currently growing our tax practice and are seeking a self-motivated individual for the following position.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Tax Partner and other senior tax staff, to develop and implement tax planning assignments for clients
- Performing technical research, developing and documenting tax plan recommendations
- Reviewing tax returns and other tax work prepared by staff
- Supporting and mentoring firm staff in respect of tax matters
- Identifying client service opportunities
- Enhancing existing, and developing new, community relationships and networks
- Supporting the community at large
A successful candidate will have:
- Canadian CA, CMA or CGA designation
- Enrolment in, or recent completion of, the CICA In-depth Tax Course
- At least one to two years in a tax specialty role focused on privately held commercial clientele
- Self-motivation with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent analytical skills and creativity to identify problems and potential solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects with conflicting time lines
- Experience with MS office, Caseware and tax return and research software
- An unrelenting passion for tax work
Please forward, in confidence, a cover letter and resume by November 12, 2012 to John Oakey, CA, Tax Practice Lead. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply by Email to: