Associate, Corporate Finance
Collins Barrow Toronto is committed to the highest level of integrity, quality and professionalism and provides clients with solutions in the area of Audit, Tax and Transaction Services.
Collins Barrow is Canada's largest association of Chartered Accounting firms and the eighth largest group of chartered accountants in Canada. Known as Canada's mid-market alternative for audit, tax and advisory solutions, we have developed a reputation for being a real choice for quality and value added financial advice.
Our global reach extends beyond the more than 40 offices in Canada into 110 countries worldwide through our affiliate, Baker Tilly International, the eighth largest accountancy and business advisory network in the world. Together, we offer clients an established platform and access to the highest quality resources for audit, tax and transaction support in the global market place.
Collins Barrow Corporate Finance
As one of Canada's leading middle market transaction advisors, our track record is enhanced through our experience with hundreds of transaction engagements involving companies ranging in enterprise value from $10 Million to $350 Million. The practice is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and financings and advises clients on all aspects of strategic transactions and capital sourcing activities. Combining advisory, financial accounting, tax, valuation, and industry expertise, our team gets to the essence of the value drivers and the deal issues to help clients maximize shareholder value from their transaction. The Collins Barrow Corporate Finance group is a specialty practice and as a growing practice has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
If you are looking for a firm that offers you a career path and a place where you can make a difference, look no further.
We are currently looking for an Associate
Working closely with a group of senior professionals in Corporate Finance, the Associate is responsible for the compilation, research and analysis of financial situations, industry and market data for corporate finance and M&A opportunities and transactions.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate and prepare go-to-market materials and other key documents
- Evaluating historical financial performance, including sustainable earnings working capital
- Identifying key accounting issues, report on results and key findings
- Project manage an acquisition, divestiture, merger or financing assignment (including internal file and compliance matters)
- Develop, review and evaluate financial models within broadly defined guidelines, focusing on major assumptions for projections and comparisons to historical results
- Develop valuation models of private and public companies as well as merged businesses
- Synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
- Prepare and assist with presentations and proposals to clients
- Support the MD in identifying and exploring potential new ideas and business
- Manage and review work of analysts
- Other responsibilities as may be required from time to time
A successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree plus an MBA or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience in financial analysis and preferably in M&A/Corporate Finance role
- Experience in a wide range of industries
- Working knowledge of the Canadian and International Finance and Accounting concepts and principles as it relates to M&A transactions
- Strong project management, financial modeling and quantitative analysis skills or relevant experience
- Understanding of key business drivers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- CBV, CFA, CA would be an asset
Interested candidates are asked to email their cover letter and resume to ResumeToronto@collinsbarrow.com with Corporate Finance Associate in header of email.