Collins Barrow is one of the largest firms of chartered accountants in Canada, with 40 offices and over 800 partners and staff. We offer the opportunity to pursue your professional tax career in alarge firm with significant tax resources and mentoring, while still enjoying an exceptional work-like balance in the heart of a region known for its diverse recreational pursuits and lifestyle choices -- and all, just 90 minutes from downtown Toronto.
Our unique structure fosters a client-service focus built from local, national and international expertise. We are a proud member of Baker Tilly International, giving us a diversified team of over 25,000 partners and staff spanning 145 countries. Our Kawartha offices, situated in Peterborough & Lindsay, are the largest in the region. Collectively we offer a comprehensive range of accounting, auditing, tax and business advisory services to mid-market commercial clients, their shareholders and families, as well as municipalities and not-for-profit organizations.
We are growing and need to increase our tax unit resources to properly service our Partners, staff and clientele. Currently, we are seeking a self-motivated individual for the following position:
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with a Partner or other senior tax staff to carry out day-to-day tax compliance tasks.
- Assisting senior tax staff in preparing elections, objections and representations to tax authorities.
- Co-ordinating preparation of trust and estate returns.
- Liaising with tax authorities on audits and requests for information.
- Assisting Partners and senior staff in compiling client information for special tax projects.
- Working with senior tax staff in preparing and presenting technical sessions for staff.
- Performing clerical duties for the tax group.
A successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem identification skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects with conflicting time lines.
- Experience with MS office, Caseware, and tax preparation software.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience and qualifications and the opportunity to excel in a dynamic public accounting environment. To explore these opportunities please forward you resume in confidence to our Recruitment & Selection partners, quoting the file, TT-2010:
MatthewSavino, Senior Consultant
Savino Human Resources Partners Limited
All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate all applications received, we can only contact directly those candidates selected for interview. EOE.