Collins Barrow is one of the largest firms of chartered accountants in Canada, with 40 offices and over 800 partners and staff. We offer the opportunity to pursue your professional tax career in a large firm with significant tax resources and mentoring, while still enjoying an exceptional work-like balance in the heart of a region known for its diverse recreational pursuits and lifestyle choices -- and all, just 90 minutes from downtown Toronto.
Our unique structure fosters a client-service focus built from local, national and international expertise. We are a proud member of Baker Tilly International, giving us a diversified team of over 25,000 partners and staff spanning 145 countries. Our Kawartha offices, situated in Peterborough & Lindsay, are the largest in the region. Collectively we offer a comprehensive range of accounting, auditing, tax and business advisory services to mid-market commercial clients, their shareholders and families, as well as municipalities and not-for-profit organizations.
We are growing and need to increase our tax unit resources to properly service our Partners, staff and clientele. Currently, we are seeking a self-motivated individual for the following position:
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Tax Partner (as a direct report) andother senior tax staff, to develop and implement tax planning assignments forclients.
- Performing technical research, developing and documenting taxplan recommendations.
- Reviewing tax returns and other tax work prepared by staff.
- Supporting and mentoring firm staff in respect of taxmatters.
- Identifying client service opportunities.
- Enhancing existing, and developing new, community relationships and networks.
- Supporting the community at large.
A successful candidate will have:
- Canadian CA designation.
- Enrolment in, or completion of, the CICA In-depth Tax Course.
- At least two years in a tax specialty role focused onprivately held commercial clientele.
- Self-motivation with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and creativity to identify problems and potential solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects with conflicting time lines.
- Experience with MS office, Caseware and tax return andresearch software.
- An unrelenting passion for tax work.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package based on experience and qualifications and the opportunity to excel in a dynamic public accounting environment. To explore these opportunities please forward your resume in confidence to our Recruitment & Selection partners, quoting file, "TM-2010":
MatthewSavino, Senior Consultant
Savino Human Resources Partners Limited
All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate allapplications received, we can only contact directly those candidates selected for interview. EOE.